“Truth is a universal language. It is only language everyone understands. A man who is in possession of the truth is a powerful man. If truth is your weapon, nobody can defeat you. I intentionally didn’t call anyone to intervene on my behalf because I know I’m not at fault. So those of you, who are around me should always uphold the truth, regardless.” – Kwasi Bonzoh. These are the words of The Ellembelle DCE, in my last conversation with him.
This is to register my displeasure against the Ghana Police Service, particularly, the sector in charge of the pressing matter. I’m beginning to believe that the event that occurred at Ayisakoro (Axim Junction) or what the Police termed as “Obstruction” was a step in the right direction, such that, it arrested the public attention. Otherwise, the found excavator would have left the district without the public knowledge and would have been the worst of it all. The very event that led the arrest of the DCE, his special aide, driver and two communicators (the people they called thugs. I don’t know whether there is a different definition for “thugs”).
Below are the few questions that battles my mind to get answers;
- Why was the DCE who sit as the chairman of the security council of the district, the very person who by records ceased the excavators and showed concern when they got missing, was not informed when they found one of the missing excavators?
- For the purpose of records keeping, how is it an “Obstruction” if the DCE, is taking pictures and videos of the found excavator?
- Why were they confronted for taking pictures and videos to the extent that they had to seek immediate medical attention?
- Why did the police withdrew the charges against the DCE and his team in less than 12 hours. Have they conceded their wrong?
- Is the court not a place for settling disputes anymore?
- Is it now a crime fight ‘Galamsey’ in Ghana?
Fortunately, Intelligence says Five Chinese nationals were involved and they got arrested. The media reportage has it that, the said Chinese nationals confessed two policemen and one senior officer involvement to move the excavators from the district after the DCE ceased them.
In an interview, the DCE lawyer detailed that the Police has stopped journalists from questioning the Chinese nationals and they placed them in a car and She can’t tell where the police were taking the Chinese nationals. THIS IS SCARY!!!
- Why is the police yet to issue a communique as they did when the DCE was arrested for “Obstruction”?
- What are they doing to control the damage caused to the DCE and the district at large?
- Where is the current location of the five Chinese nationals?
- What are names of the two policemen and the senior officer the Chinese nationals mentioned?
- Is the police protecting someone?
- Why are they not updating the public?
Already, there is an established reservation that some policemen are in bed with some public officials to operate ‘Galamsey’ in Ghana.
Positively, I joined the very concerned citizens championing for an independent body to do the investigation. THE TRUTH IS WHAT WE WANT!!!
The writer, Desmond Bilson Boahen, is a concerned citizen of Ellembelle Constituency.
Leave a Reply